Celtic Thunder will return to Australian shores in May 2016 for an extensive national tour, visiting both capital city and regional markets across Australia, some of which they'll be visiting for the first time. Their new and highly anticipated show, Legacy, vows to be even bigger and better than ever before.
The 2008, 2009 and 2011 #1 Billboard World Artists, who once performed for President Obama at the White House, have amassed global sales of over two million albums and more than 800,000 concert tickets to date. With thousands of loyal followers and adoring fans they have a string of platinum and double platinum discs in Australia, with 2012's The Show going triple platinum.
Celtic Thunder's 10th album (CD and DVD), Legacy Volume I is set for release in February 2016.
"Legacy"is a review of Celtic Thunder's most popular songs to date and sees Celtic Thunder soloists Keith Harkin, Ryan Kelly, Emmet Cahill and Neil Byrne joined by guest artist and former cast mate Damian McGinty. In "Legacy - Volume I" Celtic Thunder creates a perfect blend of entertainment and tradition, delivering the best of their much loved ensemble numbers with selections from their 9 tours to date. Song choices include the big opening number "Heartland" and other upbeat ensembles such as "Raggle Taggle Gypsy" "Galway Girl" and "A Place in The Choir". Of course, no Celtic Thunder show would be complete without a performance of their rousing signature anthems "Caledonia" and "Ireland's Call", which never fail to bring the audience to its feet.
Along with featuring Celtic Thunder's popular ensemble performances, "Legacy" also offers a wide variety of solo hits and fan favourites such as Damian's "Buachaille On Eirne", Ryan's "Ride On", Keith's "The Mountains of Mourne", Neil's "Noreen", Emmett's "Danny Boy", and contemporary hits "Falling Slowly" and "Black Velvet Band". As always, Celtic Thunder are backed by the amazing eight-piece Celtic Thunder Band on strings, guitars, percussion, whistles, pipes and more and are led by Musical Director David Munro, who also plays keyboards in the show.
· 1.5 hour pre-show on-site cocktail function
· Pre-show canapés, including beer, wine and soft drink
· VIP pass and lanyard
· Celtic Thunder Legacy Tour Program
· Meet two members of Celtic Thunder and have your photograph taken with them.
Package Terms & Conditions:
• You will be contacted via email from TEG Live approximately ten days prior to your show date with instructions for your package elements.
• All packages are NON-TRANSFERRABLE: NO NAME CHANGES will be permitted.
• Photo identification of the original package purchaser is required.
• You should plan to arrive at approx. 5.20pm on the day of show, please note VIP Package event time is subject to change.